We are pleased to introduce the 2017 inductees to the Fairview Park Schools Hall of Fame
The Athletic Hall of Fame: Pat Hoy '85, James Leffingwell '64, Brian Weir '91, Jeremy Zarins '91
The Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame: Tudor Dimofte, Ph.D. '00, Rene Hernandez, Ph.D. '72,
Mary Nock, M.D. '89, Stephen Senderoff '72
The Distinguished Faculty/Staff Hall of Fame: Tony DiBiasio, Ph.D., Margaret Goebelt '31, Tom Kairis, Judi Norton
First Row L-R: Rene Hernandez, Brian Weir, Jeremy Zarins, Judi Norton, Tudor Dimofte
Second Row L-R: Tom Kairis, Pat Hoy, Tony DiBiasio, Mary Nock
Not Pictured: Margaret Goebelt, James Leffingwell, Stephen Senderoff
Tudor Dan Dimofte, Ph.D. – Class of 2000
Institute for Advanced Study - School of Natural Sciences
· 2000 U.S. Presidential Scholar
· 2004 A.B. Mathematics, Princeton University
· 2004 P.A. Greenberg ’77 Prize for outstanding accomplishments in Mathematics, Princeton
· 2005 Masters Degree in Theorectical Physics, University of Cambridge
· 2006-2009 U.S. National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship
· 2009 Fellow, Trinity College, University of Cambridge
· 2010 Ph.D. Physics, California Institute of Technology
· 2010 Caltech Clauser Prize for Doctoral Thesis
· Numerous professional papers, articles and publications
Rene S. Hernandez, Ph.D. - Class of 1972
Manager of Research Alignment, U.S. Navy Bureau of Medicine, Research & Development
Neurophysiologist, United States Navy
· 1988 Ph.D. Neuroscience, Maharishi International University
· Company Commander, School of Medicine, Uniformed Services University, U.S. Navy
· Board of Directors for Veterans Moving Forward
· Invited speaker for over 60 lectures at universities and scientific meetings worldwide.
· Reviewed and edited over 315 scientific journal articles
· Researched, developed and authored U.S. Navy policy on Physical Readiness Testing
Mary Nock, M.D. – Class of 1989
Program Director for Pediatric Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
Co-medical Director for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
University Hospitals Medical Center and Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital
Associate Professor, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
Stephen G. Senderoff, Ph.D. – Class of 1972
Scientist, Musician, Advocate
Biochemist, Researcher – SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals
Pat Hoy – Class of 1985
Jim Leffingwell – Class of 1964
· 1961 State Finalist 200 Individual Medley
· 1962 District Finalist - 200 Individual Medley, 100 Buttefly
· 1962 State Finalist 200 Individual Medley
· 1963 District Finalist - 200 Individual Medley, 100 Buttefly
· 1963 State Runner-Up 200 Individual Medley
· 1963 State Runner-Up 200 Freestyle
· 1964 District Champion - 200 Individual Medley
· 1964 State Champion 200 Individual Medley
· 1964 Co-Captain State Champion Swimming Team
· 1962, 1963, 1964 District All-Star
Brian Weir – Class of 1991
Baseball, Football, Basketball
Teacher, Coach - Fairview Park City Schools
Jeremy Zarins – Class of 1991
Cross Country, Track
Judi Norton (1980-2007)
Special Education Teacher, School Psychologist, Coach
Anthony J. DiBiasio, Ph.D. (1975-2012)
Social Studies Teacher, Counselor, Coach
Margaret Schaefer Goebelt – Class of 1931 (1950-1974)
Education, Music, History
Tom Kairis (1976-1984) (1993-2010)
Teacher, Administrator, Coach
To nominate a candidate you must use the official nomination form.
You may nominate as many individuals as you wish, but you must use a separate official form for each nominee.
In order to be considered for induction into the Hall of Fame Class of 2023 Induction, nominations must be received by March 1, 2022.
Nominations received after this date will not be reviewed for 2023 Induction.
Please note: By submitting this document, you attest to the validity and to the accuracy of all information provided.
The Hall of Fame will conduct a final background check on all elected nominees.
If nominating a student athlete, verification of statistics must be provided. These can be in the form of press articles, such as the Sun Herald, The Plain Dealer, or WestLife. We also need dates of when such achievements or record-breaking stats took place.
If you have articles and other support materials, please mail them to: Mary Kay Wysong, Hall of Fame Secretary, 2736 Tonawonda, Rocky River, OH 44116.